The Islamic Renaissance Party of Tajikistan (IRPT) is closely monitoring the situation with political prisoners and is deeply concerned about the recent incidents, and believes that these incidents with the imprisoned IRPT members and everything that happened to them were personally organized by Emomali Rahmon, Saimumin Yatimov, Ramazon Rahmizoda and Mansur Umarov.
The IRPT believes that the incident with the attack on Hikmatullo Sayfullozoda, as well as the threat to Rahmatullo Rajab took place after their appeal was published in the media and they both were purposely organized by the authorities. The IRPT believes that the lives of four members of this party are in danger due to their public appeal to the authorities, and that the authorities intend to organize new attacks on these 4 political prisoners in order to threaten and silence the rest of the prisoners.
According to reports, another political prisoner, IRPT member Abdukahhor Davlat, was also recently transferred to this new prison. Given the threats to the lives of the imprisoned members of the IRPT Supreme Board, we are concerned that another conspiracy may take place in this prison, and now we declare that from this moment on, Rahmon, Yatimov, Rahimzoda and Umarov are personally responsible for the lives of these political prisoners, since nothing happens in the prisons without the permission of these persons.
Therefore, the IRPT calls on international human rights organizations, organizations against torture, organizations for the protection of the rights of journalists, organizations for the protection of the rights of political prisoners, as well as all fighters for freedom not to stand aside and protect the lives of these innocent people and do everything in their power to protect their lives.
Therefore, we request the following:
- Provide prisons with constant and free means of communication.
- Provide journalists with full access to prisons.
- Allow international organizations to visit the country's prisons on any occasion.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross should closely monitor the prisons of Tajikistan and meet with political prisoners under threat as soon as possible.
- In case of any incidents involving political prisoners, in particular the authors of the appeal, these persons should be included in the sanctioned list of organizations.
- In the event of any attack or other incident on political prisoners, the assets of the aforementioned persons must be frozen worldwide.
The Islamic Renaissance Party of Tajikistan will promote these demands legally and lawfully and encourages local and regional organizations to cooperate.
The IRPT Supreme Board